The T.C. Steele State Historic Site, near Nashville, includes the last home and studio of acclaimed Indiana impressionist Theodore Clement Steele (1847-1926). Steele, a member of Indiana's "Hoosier Group" of artists, lived here with his wife, Selma, from 1907 until his death. Settling in Brown County, Steele built the home which came to be known as the "House of the Singing Winds." Here he painted and entertained artists from the around the country who came to enjoy the natural splendor of the area. Today the site's 92 acres are managed by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. It is open year round and tours are available.